Wednesday 23 July 2014

Shawnigan Lake



         I was fortunate enough to squeeze in one more mini-trip before heading to Europe this Thursday. The trip to Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia began with a stop at the esthetically pleasing Unsworth Vineyard (http://www.unsworthvineyards.com/). Of the endless wineries on Vancouver Island, this one undoubtedly tops my list. The tasting menu included four varieties of wine. To my delight, a sparkling wine sat at the top of the list! I have a personal preference for white wines on the dry (less sweet) side. This wine perfectly matched that preference. Their website describes their 2010 Cuvée De L'ile as “Pale Straw in colour. Apples, citrus, hints of clove and crème fraiche on the nose is followed by green apple and orange peel on the palate, adding brightness to a dense and generous mouthfeel”. I truly couldn’t have said it better. Purchasing this sparkling wine after tasting was virtually instantaneous. 

 

tasting at Unsworth Vineyard


Unsworth Vineyard



           When I arrived at the lake, I promptly marched to the dock with my wine and glasses in tow. The wine was enjoyed overlooking the awe-inspiring lake, and the constantly changing sky. 

Shawnigan Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment